Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 5

"I Invite"
by Elise Nicole

I feel empowered tonight
Being true to inner Light
I deserve respect, especially from
The man I invite to beat my drum

I wasn't getting it. I
Knew I couldn't just go get high
I expressed this to him, I was
Met with excuses ("I did that 'cause...")

arguments
I was so tired of
Being tense
I closed my love

The numb wore off and then it was
only pain and an anger buzz.
No longer that aching, raging,
fire anger that left with aging

Pick up the phone and call Nichole. And
Finally reach out to her outstretched hand
she was politely appalled. She spoke
Telling me my trauma was not a joke

Compassion
God's perspective, and True
Without sin
Concepts so new

Love that not only respects
Female surrender to nasty sex
but admires woman as goddess.
That is not what I have
, I thought.

expressed that to him again
honoring the goddess within
No more fear-motivated bull
The truth without fear of the outcome

"Sounds like you
don't want to continue
together,"
he guessed correct

A cordial, polite, "mature" split
and then tears of utter loss. I
could feel my heart breaking. Feel it
Breaking apart, severed, and it hurt!

A tragic Valentine's. He texted
to say I am really sorry for
the way I treated you.
Expressing
the respect he has for me and realized

He was wrong
and meant it. He honored
Lamented
but did not beg

He let me go. But now I
couldn't bear to say goodbye
And then he opened his heart and shared his
truth, his trauma. Not as an excuse

It was his dark hell. "I know
what hell is," he said, "and I don't
want to keep you in yours."

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really powerful. It had some really nice expressions too. My favorite was "an anger buzz" :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing and updating - I enjoy reading your thoughts, emotions, ideas and your view of the world. Thanks for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the beautiful feedback!

    ReplyDelete

badness outta style

badness outta style
me neighbors